Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Udaipur - Now for a commercial break


Udaipur from Tinted City Palace window


City Palace, Udaipur


City Palace, Udaipur


City Palace, Udaipur


City Palace Udaipur


Jag Minder, Water Palace, Udaipur


Udaipur from Jag Minder

Very few things live up to expectations. The most romantic city in Rajasthan and Venice of the east are two titles given to Udaipur. For me, this city lives up to its name. It is not as cheap as other towns that I have been to so far, but it is deservedly more pricey. The City Palace and a boat ride on the lake simply are beautiful. So here are more postcard photos, but it is a charming place.

I am staying in a great heritage hotel called Jagat Niwas Palace hotel. Am really enjoying it.

If I come back to Rajasthan, I will come back to Udaipur and explore more of the south of Rajasthan. Most of this trip will be in the north, closer to the desert.

No comments: