Sunday, October 30, 2005

Europe 2005 - A polish remembrance








It took about an hour to walk from Trafalgar Square to Westminster Cathedral. Along the way, the Polish people were singing Polish songs and waving their flags.

We got to Westminster Cathedral and it was closed. The event was unplanned. People put their candles in front of images of Pope John Paul II. There was a sense of pride, reverence and sadness. I think that the pride of the Polish in having such an illustrious son, made the atmosphere very different from the other Catholics who also grieved for the loss of their Pope.

3 comments:

Heng said...

350D with a Zeiss 35mm f1.4. :)

Geoff said...

i love how much detail you've gotten out of the light...

Heng said...

Hi Geoff, Long time no hear from you. Your blogs have been pretty quiet too. I hope that London is treating you well.

I always shoot raw, especially for difficult lighting like candles. Then I can make adjustments so that I get as much or little detail I want.