Saturday, March 18, 2006

On any journey, you hit a few duds



So far I have been having a blast in Chicago. I did get a couple of duds. I bought the Little Willies album because it featured Norah Jones. Sigh... It is heavy counrty music. Sounds not bad but really not what I am into.

Tonight, the day before Paul comes back to Chicago, I decided to get me some culture. So I went to see a dance show that is the Critic's choice in the Chicago Reader (like New York's village voice). I have not seen such a self-indulgent piece of boring dance in a long, long time. However, I tell myself that when you are out exploring on the fringes of the known, you are bound to hit a few duds with the gems. In fact the chances are that you will hit a few duds. Still, it was the longest 90 minutes I have had here in Chicago.

On the good side, I got to see a part of Chicago I have not yet. Oh yeah, it is St. Patrick's day, an Irish day of celebration. Lots of Irish music on the radio. :) New cultural experiences to be sure.

No comments: