Monday, January 01, 2007

Drama at Bedok Jetty


I took a walk to the end of Bedok Jetty after dinner on Friday night. I was expecting a quiet moment looking out at the sea and ships. I sat down on one of the stone benches. Not five minutes had passed when a fisherman suddenly got all excited, picking up his fishing rod and pulling. I am so used to seeing the small fish that is caught at Bedok Jetty that I was surprised that this fishing rod could curve as much as it did. It was like everyone at the end of Bedok jetty could sense a life and death battle ensuing. The outcome was not really in question, but the fish gave a good fight, causing the fisherman's friend having to step in to help reel in the fish. The result of the battle was the capture of one mid-sized stingray. It was definitely the biggest fish that I have seen caught at Bedok Jetty.

No comments: