Friday, July 11, 2008

Off on a break



I'm at Changi Airport waiting for my flight to London. I look back at see how my life has been such a ride since I returned to Singapore in 1997. It is hard to believe that it is over ten years now. In a couple of more years, 2010, The Pond will be 10 years old.

I think about what I am doing and if there is any other way of doing it. But I know what underlies my life is the conviction to be a better person, to have grown spiritually in the few short years I have on this earth. This ethos, comes from my father, a seeker of truth. I realise that in what I do, I too seek the truth, and the beauty in that truth. I think it has sometimes made it more difficult in this ambiguous world, where our human greed is dressed up in sex and gloss. And unable to live a life of lies or be a couch potato. I am actually a lazy person and also someone who dislikes confrontation. But my search for the beauty in truth, ignites my passion. And I have to put one foot in front of the other. I move forward in spite of myself, in spite of the obstacles in my life. And there are times, when I glimpse 'grace', I realise that it has all been worthwhile.

I thank the two people that have made all this possible, my parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we will all await at newer undiscovered images from ur trip