Sunday, July 15, 2007

Back in London








I was tired after arriving in London in the morning. I slept a bit and walked down to Portobello Road at 4pm as it is Saturday. I just brought my usual pouch and nothing else. I was not in the mood to shoot seriously, but the light was beautiful and London is charismatic as ever. I took out the ever handy NV10 and snapped, literally.

There is a certain chaos and anarchy to London. A space where people can be themselves. Such an atmosphere creates individuals. There is a lot to think about here like is there more crime and a larger divide between rich and poor? But looking simply at the people on the street, there is a diversity that is certainly photographic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Ngiap Heng! Lucky you to be in London (again!). I love London for the fact that it reflects on the old and embrace the new. You get the best of both worlds that way.