Saturday, September 01, 2007

More quotes from Anais Nin

When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow.

There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragment by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cellularly, like a laborious mosaic.

Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat.

I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.

-----

I think I will have to start reading her books.

1 comment:

deathwool said...

I have a book by Anais Nin, Delta of Venus...

It's warped but very interesting. Rousing in a way.Check it out.