Tuesday, July 04, 2006

POP-ING!



Oh my god, it feels good to shoot, even if it is a test shoot.

This looks like a simple image but it has a lot of things going on. Let me explain.

In terms of technique, the main light is a gridspot with diffuser. Something which I have never done before. This has enabled me to get a directional light but with a slower fall off. I have also used a net to cut the light at the bottom of the shot to focus on the face and t-shirt. I can only do this with equipment that I bought in Chicago. Thanks for showing me the light Paul!!

I used to shout 'Popping!' each time I set off a test flash in Chicago. Everyone remembers me screaming that, and Shin bought the T-shirt as a going away gift.

The X3 Espresso machine is my main indulgence. It is designed by Luca Trazzi and made by Francis Francis. I just love the way it looks and it brews a mean cup of espresso. I don't smoke, drink alcohol or take drugs. But I drink espresso.

I bought a mannequin to do test shots. I have so much to try out from Chicago that I a just want to be able to test lighting at any time. Any this model is ready to pose for me at any time, clothed or not! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's good to hear that you are so excited about shooting, that's the way it should be, right? But it is better to hear that you have so many new things you want to try, oh! how much I wish I could be your assistant again in this next spet on your carrer, looks exciting, Betty and whoever else you have now are very lucky, looks like your pond is getting a lot more water after your Chicago-monsoon of ideas.

Right now I am in Phnom Penh leaving for the Mekong delta on friday. It's so good to be travelling at this pace, we really have the chance to interact with people. I would appreciate your comments on my new blog (blogs.elcorreodigital.com/pasajeros) and those of anybody else reading this comment for that matter. As for myself I will keep on conecting to your blog to see your work, it's great that you update so often. Please tell betty to get one herself, I'd love to see hers too.

Good luck,

JAIZKI

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Like your Pop-ing pic. If this is an indication of thigs to come, wow..your chicago trip is going to be worth it.

God Bless
LG

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Like your Pop-ing pic. If this is an indication of things to come, wow..your chicago trip is going to be worth it.

God Bless
LG

Mr Sanguine said...

Interesting effect with the lighting setup. Wish I knew how to work studio lighting a little better.