Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Right Here, Right Now.


I am arranging for my studio to be repainted and realised that it has been seven years since I got the place. I have been back in Singapore from my London studies for over ten years. On my next birthday I will be 42. I could very well be half way through my life. A couple of my parents' friends just passed away this year.

I have not seriously thought of doing anything else except photography for the rest of my life. At this point in time, with the time and effort invested in this career, I am not going back to engineering. And I am not qualified or interested in anything else. And OK, I may or may not make it as a commercial photographer, but photography is it. It would be great if I can combine a commercially viable company with my own personal photography. I really like having this team help me out with my personal work and kicking ass when doing commercial work. But if I cannot run the business with the commercial work, I will find a way to just do my own art photography. I can still make things work if I scale down my ambitions.

I guess what I am trying to say is that come what may, this is where I am making my stand. I don't want to be anywhere else or doing anything else. I have challenges like everyone else with a career, but I do not want to trade my challenges with anyone Else's challenges, except maybe a few big time photographers in New York or London. :)

Right here, right now, the rest of my life in front of my camera lens.

No comments: