Monday, August 11, 2008

Ed Kashi: Curse of the Black Gold - The Digital Journalist

Ed Kashi: Curse of the Black Gold - The Digital Journalist

There still is a need for the concerned journalist. And there are more niche platforms for human interest story. But Ed Kashi, in his video interview, expresses concern that media is more fragmented. People who are interested in a story will find the story, but there is no common place for ideas to become concensus. I guess that role was played by the mainstream newspapers and current affair magazines. But as viewers of information, we can choose to only pick up what entertains us. I feel a need to just put Ed Kashi's work on oil in the Niger Delta on my blog. And I hope that readers of my blog will take time to see the human cost of our consumer lifestyle. Somehow, I don't know how, we need to make it known to large companies, that such human suffering for the consumerist lifestyle, is just not on.


Curse of the Black Gold from Digital Journalist on Vimeo.

No comments: