Thursday, December 21, 2006

Season's Greetings

xmas card 2006

This has been a challenging and rewarding year for me. So many things happening, some difficult, mostly good learning experiences.

My wish is that there will be less war and atrocities in the world. People will take positive action to save our world from global warming, super bugs and tyrants (incluing George Bush).

How is it in this world are so intelligent but so unwise? How is it that religions that should be promoting love, can cause so much hate? If there is one truth, why can't people agree on it instead of fighting one another? Why is the road to hell paved with good intentions?

I know very little and believe in even less. This much I know, I treat the people I meet with respect. I have to always act to keep my conscience clear. As much as my entire life is about photography, I will not abuse people or trust to get ahead. As mush as I use emotion to create my work, I will not suspend reason.

I know that I am fallible, but I am not a sinner. If I am going to hell, for what? For trying to treat the people around me well? For trying to love my fellow human beings? For wanting to be the best photographer I can be?

This season I celebrate life and humanity. I wish goodwill to everyone. Please don't pray for my soul, I will be fine. Hell is here on this earth, caused by our own ignorance, prejudice and our willingness to suspend reason.

5 comments:

pfong said...

Eloquently put bro. Peace, goodwill more great art from you in the year ahead.

koeiru said...

Merry Christmas to you too.


... from a long time lurker to your website.

K.

CK Hwang said...

Hey Ngiap Heng, merry Xmas from Arizona. Sorry I cn'nt make it to your Christmas party, would have loved to go, but fmaily commitments call. Want anything from the States btw?

HuiMing said...

I LOVE THE PICS :)


random fan,
mong

Heng said...

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

Kuang, I understand the commitments. Its fine. But it will be a long time before I cook this type of food again. :) I don't need anything from Arizona thanks. Have a great holiday.

Hi Mong. Thanks. I intend to continue shooting and improving. :)