Thursday, August 16, 2007

International Photography Awards 2007



I was just awarded third place in nudes for this image by IPA. I have quite a few honorable mentions as well.

I finally win an award and all I can think about is Anders Petersen telling the class in Tuscany, 'Be careful, this is a photographic warning, you will win an award.' Petersen has a very low impression of photographic awards unless it is the Hasselblad prize. But if other people who win IPA awards are like Paul Elledge and Nadav Kander, I can live with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats dude!! wes :)

ShutterBug said...

Well done Heng!

I see a slight change of style in the current way you shoot nudes.. this one is really beautiful... subtly thought-provoking.

Congrats!! ^.^

Charles Sng said...

Congratulations to you!! :D

Heng said...

Thanks Guys. :)

laissezfaire said...

I like the simplicity and subtleness of this image. Congrats!

Martian Powers said...

Just gimme one more year! next year you will have 3 Lucie award winner in yr studio! hahah